I learned something when I began this long journey and vowed never to waver from it. And every year thereafter, I have renewed this vow as my New Year writing resolution.
- Once finished and revised your WIP can be marketed, and if bought, will pay you. Sweet!
- Completion of a WIP is so satisfying, it encourages you to tackle the next with gusto!
- If the WIP proves tricky, pushing onward always results in a breakthrough, especially if you ask your writers' group for assistance, and you'll learn some solutions for next time.
- Failure to complete mss makes you disheartened, hinders learning your craft, and dents your confidence; to say nothing of leaving dozens of half-done mss on your hard-drive or in a drawer.
- It also scatters your focus - not a good habit to encourage.
My recurring New Year writing resolution has stood me in good stead for all of my forty-one years as a writer and paid me well in dollars and continual improvement!
Wishing you all a disciplined and creative 2013!