Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BUSINESS PAGES ON FACEBOOK CAN PROMOTE YOUR BOOKS

On the advice of an expert, I created a business page (aka fan page) on Facebook for Beacon Literary Services. In the first six days it collected twice the hits than this blog gets in a month. An impressive showing.

I have noticed in the past few months that the comments on my blog-posts are collecting on my personal Facebook page when the new entry of my blog is posted on my profile, and not where I want them on my blog. Reason: it's so easy to click on "Comment" underneath a FB entry and type.

Like a blog, the FB business page is free and once you get 25 "friends" to click "Like" on the page, you can get a distinct look (I haven't done this yet) and name for your business page. Here's the one I chose and luckily no one else had used it: www.facebook.com/BeaconLiteraryServices

So I hear writers asking: Why is this important to me?
If FB has nearly 500 million users, the third largest "country" in the world, a business page for each of your books is more likely to be found, read, and interacted with here than a website or blog. But the biggest advantage FB offers authors is the viral marketing that happens as friends of friends of like mind connect.

Here's the help link to FB's business (fan) pages: www.facebook.com/help/?page=175

QUESTIONS: 
  1. Which has had more hits: your blog, website, or your personal FB page? 
  2. How are you going to promote your writing/books in the future?
Enhanced by Zemanta