Friday, September 11, 2009

THE VERBAL PITCH - Tangled tongues and sweaty palms

I'm just about to drive up to the Whistler Writers' Festival to present "Pitching in a Cold Climate." This covers pitching magazine articles to editors, both written and verbal.

While digging around the blogs I fol
low for useful info from the editors'/agents' point of view, I found what I was seeking at one of my favourite sites. Kristen's post on Pub Rants from yesterday gives pitchers excellent advice for the face to face meetings with editors or agents. Although she is talking about pitching books, everything she advises applies to verbal pitches to magazine editors too -- whether you do it in person or on the phone.

Go to http://pubrants.blogspot.com/2009/09/glazed-like-doughnuts.html for some pointers and reassurance.