Tuesday, November 20, 2007

KINDLE IS HERE, BUT NOT HERE!

AMAZON ANNOUNCED KINDLE TODAY

I woke up this morning and found Kindle taking up half the front page of my daily newspaper. If you go to Amazon.com, Kindle is on their front page too. But I most enjoyed watching the promotional video at the link here. I got a better idea of this e-reader from the video than all the text I had read about it.
Go take a look!

But get this--Amazon.com are not shipping Kindles to Canada and the e-reader is not available on Amazon.ca. They've missed a sale from me as I would have bought one on the spot. I even had my credit card out....

I e-mailed Amazon.com asking why and received a response that apologized, citing import/export laws. They could not tell me when I could expect to buy one at amazon.ca. Funny that! I recently bought (online) a small TV from New York with no trouble at all. I wonder if the strength of the Canadian dollar is playing into this and they are waiting for a more opportune time.