Monday, August 27, 2007

ANNUAL VACATION TIME

FRANCE, THEN SPAIN

I have just ret
urned from a week in Provence with my daughter who is a sommelier. (Right - Lindsay updating her wine journal in Aix-en-Provence.) We spent much of our time visiting vineyards and tasting some of the best wines in the world. The cheeses of France also captured our attention!

On the left is one of many domains in Gigondas, where we spent a whole day. Lindsay also discussed doing her masters degree in wine with the registrar at the Universite du Vin close by.

Tomorrow I drive up to the Okanagan in British Columbia to give two day-long presentations to the teachers of the area at their annual conference. I will be speaking on "Reaching Reluctant Writers" and "Writing wi
th Power for Success." Then I shall be visiting friends for a few days before returning to Vancouver to do my laundry and leave for three weeks annual vacation in the UK and Spain.

So there will be no more posts until October....